AirwayPlus Lifecast (APL) Upper Torso Trainer
The TraumaFX® AirwayPlus Lifecast (APL) APL is a ruggedized, upper-torso trainer that takes realism to the next level, helping trainees learn how to treat patients suffering from traumatic upper-body injuries. Students learn to find realistic anatomical landmarks to execute critical patient treatment without relying on marked indicators. The APL trains responders to perform life-saving tasks such as maintaining a patient’s airway, needle decompression, chest tube insertion, cricothyroidotomy, and intraosseous infusion.
The TraumaFX® APL is unparalleled in ruggedness and durability. Designed specifically for use in tough outdoor terrains, the APL features articulating shoulders and realistic reinforced silicone arms; it can be carried, dragged and transported in a variety of vehicles and aircraft. The APL can withstand nearly any weather condition, making it ideally suited for Tactical Combat Casualty Care (TCCC) and Combat Lifesaver training courses.
The APL is a multi-purpose training tool. It can function as a stand-alone skills station or be connected to TraumaFX® lower torso for use in training lanes. The APL’s simulated injury training sites allow for multiple uses with cost-effective replacement components available.
- Ruggedized upper torso made of wrap-around lifelike silicone skin
- Highly realistic visual and tactile stimuli
- Nasal passageways for nasopharyngeal intubation
- Oral airway cavity with teeth and tongue for use with King LT-D
- Simulated cricothyroidotomy with larynx and single and multiple- use, replaceable skin plugs
- Intraosseous trainer for use with a PYNG FAST1® Intraosseous Infusion System (includes multiple-use, replaceable chest skin plug and synthetic manubrium)
- Needle decompression training sites (3.25” 14 gauge needle) with replaceable skin plugs
- Reinforced silicone arms that provide natural elbow movement and soft grip with articulating shoulders that provide full arm rotation
- Interchangeable hands (optional composites)
- Chest tube insertion training site with multiple-use, replaceable, skin plug
- Simulated gunshot entrance and exit wounds
- Interchangeable heads and arms (as options)