Sustainable Performance Improvement
The long-term success of any program depends on organizational adoption and building a culture of growth. KGS's approach to performance improvement includes a broader "change adoption" plan. We will help your department prepare for change by determining relevant metrics and measurements to ensure you are ready for the next business initiative.
KGS will partner with stakeholders in your organization to:
- Identify and Interview – We will coordinate collaborative sessions, interviews, and observational exercises with specific representatives in each department.
- Conduct a Key Skills Evaluation – Our team will conduct a Key Skills Indicator (KSI) evaluation to determine if existing resources are appropriate to their roles and functions.
- Measure and Evaluate Process Capacity – Our experts will measure processes and compare them against Federal agencies and commercial companies with similar functions to your own. Our team may use tools such as Value Stream Mapping and Analysis (VSM/VSA) to determine value-added activity (i.e., activity that directly contributes to your mission) or non-value added time that could contribute to efficiency and effectiveness gaps.
Organizational Change Management (OCM)
It is essential to ensure your people, processes, technology, and infrastructure are aligned to maximize benefits and improve the likelihood of institutional adoption of changes over the long term. When properly executed, OCM enables an organization to identify, articulate, and adopt a desired future state through training, education, and communication.
OCM programs require a substantial investment of time, effort, and resources. However, they can also yield tremendous financial and operational benefits in their ability to reduce costs, make operations more efficient, and enable employees to be more effective in their jobs. It can lead to greater employee satisfaction, better customer service, and more capable business execution and profitability.
KGS Workforce service offerings include:
- Mission Adaptation
- Talent and Growth
- Organizational Design or Transformation
- Change Management
- Strategic Alignment of Process and Projects
- Integration Planning and Management
- Process Improvement (Re-engineering)
Continuous Process Improvement (CPI) Practice, Program Development, and Management
- Project and Portfolio Monitoring and Reporting
- Talent and Growth Strategies
- Project Management
- Lean Six Sigma (LSS)
- Theory of Constraints (ToC)
- Malcolm Baldrige Criteria Assessment and Incorporation